Writing and Publishing
Writing and Publishing Consulting
Jumpstart Your Book!
Energize your writing with this 5-session coaching package. Gain clarity of what you want to say – and how you want to say it.
- Identify your message and the themes to address (you’ll have a questionnaire to fill out prior to this session).
- Create Your Outline (usually 5, 7, or 9 chapters with an intro and a conclusion).
- Develop Your Outline with bullet points: stories, lessons & possible reader engagement questions for the end of chapters.
- Complete one chapter and receive feedback.
- Review revisions and make a plan for finally finishing your book.
Each session would include my review of up to 10 pages of your work and a 45-minute Zoom conference call.
Fall Special – $797 (Normally $1197)
Got questions? Let's chat
Write Books that Change the World Coaching
This is my premier one-to-one coaching program for writing books.
Our goal together is to develop a polished manuscript that is ready for publication. I hold a sacred space that explores your individual creativity so that you can really speak your message and write what needs to be said. In each session, I encourage you to freely express yourself and embrace the courage to be seen and heard in the world.
We will meet twice a month via Zoom to accomplish the following:
- Identify your message and theme.
- Define your ideal audience and purpose for your message.
- Develop the outline of your book.
- Set milestones and deadlines for content delivery.
- Collaborate on editing revisions.
- Create a Book Marketing Plan that Sells.
- Build Your Author Platform, through blogging, social media posts, and podcast appearances.
Write Blogs that Impact, Influence, and Transform
Over six sessions, you’ll learn the best way to speak to your audience, structure your blogs, and discover different platforms to increase your visibility. We will:
- Meet twice a month for a total of six sessions
- Identify your ideal audience
- Create a structure for your blogs
- Learn to create social media posts that effectively announce your latest blogs
You’ll also receive feedback on each of your blogs, and your final version will be edited and copyedited.
Plus, you’ll have access to my Blogs, Books, and Beyond course.
Build Your Buzz
Creating an author platform allows your readers to find you. This is vitally important as you step out into the world with your message. Here, we strategize ways to increase your credibility and visibility through blogging, social media posts, and podcast appearances.
- Repurpose content from your book into blogs and social media posts.
- Research the best platforms for you to post your blogs.
- Develop a reasonable schedule for writing your blogs or ghostwrite your blogs for you.
- Work with designers to create eye-catching, effective visuals to highlight your message.
- Identify media outlets (radio, TV, and podcasts) that reach your ideal audience
Is your book almost completed and you’re ready for a fresh pair of eyes to review it for unclear content and organizational flow?
In the “Manuscript Review” package, I analyze your manuscript objectively for readability and clarity. I provide an overview of what is working well and what areas need improvement. The goal is to provide you with an objective viewpoint of the structure of your book and give guidance on how to improve the readability, organization, and presentation (grammar, punctuation, etc.).
Many of my clients know they have a message that will transform the lives of their readers––and quite possibly the world. Yet, the demands of their businesses and family lives prevent them from devoting the time necessary to as Paulo Coehlo in his novel, The Zahir, says, “climb into the boat called ‘The Word’.”
As your literary midwife, I act as your channel for the book, blog, or course that you know is yours to bring forth into the world.
About Kathy Sparrow
Literary Midwife Kathy Sparrow is an award-winning author, ghostwriter, and publishing consultant who has been mentoring aspiring writers of non-fiction, fiction, and poetry for over two decades. Many have penned bestselling books because of her book coaching services. Known as a “behind-the-scenes secret weapon” to thought leaders, Kathy specializes in the areas of self-development, leadership, and memoir.
Kathy is the co-author and project lead of Ignite Your Leadership: Proven Tools for Leaders to Energize Teams, Fuel Momentum, and Accelerate Results. Her novel, The Whispered Teachings of Grandmother Trout, is touted as the feminine version of A River Runs Through It. She is co-author of the children’s books, Stanky & Cece: Break the Rules (2022) and Stanky $ Cece: Out of Control (2023). She is completing It’s All Cast: A Fly Fisher’s Guide to Presence, Power & Performance (2023). She has ghostwritten books and blogs on the topics of banking, personal growth and development, memoir, and leadership.
Throughout her career, she has worked with IDG Press (the former For Dummies publisher), Master’s Press, Wish Publishing, ARE Press, and others. Her work as a journalist has also appeared in Saltwater Fly Fishing, Indianapolis Woman, Indiana Business Magazine, E Magazine, Hudson Valley Magazine and may more. A university professor, she taught writing in first-year writing programs, sophomore literature, theatre and marketing for authors.
Kathy has studied transformational methodologies with Jack Canfield, founder of Chicken Soup for the Soul and author of The Success Principles, Dr. Deb Sandella of The RIM® Institute, Laurie Seymour of The Baca Institute, and Renee Moorefield of Wisdom Works. She is a Certified Canfield Trainer in The Success Principles and Canfield Methodologies, Certified Be Well Lead Well Pulse® Guide, and Master RIM® facilitator. Kathy relies on the science of success tools to assist her clients in overcoming obstacles and mindset limitations, as well as identify how to create a life filled with vitality and wellbeing. She holds a master’s degree in English with a concentration on literature and cultural studies.
Kathy enjoys yoga, hiking, fly fishing, and adventures with her partner and family. She spends her time in LA and San Diego, and you can also find her in Colorado, Mexico, Oregon–or wherever her travels take her. Her websites are: www.kathysparrow.com and www.awritablelife.com.